Study For A Day – 22 September 2018
Our Study for a Day is the perfect opportunity to experience what it is like to be a student at Australia’s only Abbey Road Institute campus. You will sit through two separate sessions delivered by our academic staff where you will be exposed to our unique hands-on learning and teaching approach and we can answer all of your questions about our Advanced Diploma of Music Industry course and anything relating to music production in general.
The first session is an introduction to Pro Tools where you will learn basic signal flow techniques and mixing strategies by deconstructing some famous commercial tracks recorded at Abbey Road Studios London. After a quick lunch you will then move into our API and S6 studios for a post-production and studio recording tutorial where we will take you through our microphone collection and full suite of plugins and outboard gear.
10am – Deconstructing the Beatles:
- Analyse some famous recordings by the Beatles (Come Together, Yellow Submarine, Here Comes the Sun) to discover their production strategies. Learn some mixing techniques in Pro Tools utilizing our Waves, McDSP, Slate Digital, and Universal Audio plugin suite.
12pm – Lunch
- Quick lunch and academic overview of our Advanced Diploma of Music Industry.
1pm – API Recording Tutorial and S6 Post Production Tutorial:
- Get hands-on with our Neumann, Beyerdynamic, Coles, AKG, Sennheiser and Royer microphones during a recording tutorial in the API 1608 Studio. Discover the world of post-production in our Avid S6 Studio.
3pm – Finish
- Prepare for a hands-on learning experience where all your questions can be answered.
- Register now as there are limited places.
- We look forward to seeing you on the day.
To reserve your spot please visit https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/learn-music-production-and-study-for-a-day-at-abbey-road-institute-tickets-49025035200?aff=efbeventtix